This event offers
7.0 CE credits
(1.5 Pharmacology credits)
Accredited by American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
The Maryland Academy of Advanced Practice Clinicians
in conjunction with the
Chesapeake Bay Affiliate of the National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
are hosting the webinar
Pearls of Practice 9
Hot Topics for Clinicians: Diversity, Cultural Competence & Implicit Bias
REGISTRATION OPEN THROUGH AUGUST 14. COMPLETE WEBINAR POST-TESTS AND SURVEY BY AUGUST 28, 2021
- Jana Goodwin. PhD, RN - Bias, Culture and The Social Determinants of Health: The Healthcare Challenge
- Wendy Zhang, RN, DNP candidate - Social determinants of health screening in the primary care setting
- Valerie Barnes, PharmD - Disparities in Medication Management: Methods to Foster Equality in Prescribing
- Andrew Miller, MS - Basics of LGBTQ+ Affirming Care
- Ginette Okoye, MD - Management of Acne in Skin of Color
- Charles Callahan, DO, FAAP - This is Baltimore: The impact of structural racism on population health
- Debra Holbrook FNE, FAAN - Human Trafficking: Clinical Presentation & Blue Dot Response Model
Pearls for Practice aka Lightning Talks (non-CE)
- Briana Walton, MD – Complex Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Sean Stewart, MD – Treating Veins in Skin of Color
- Felix Gurman, MD – Racial Disparities in Pain Management and Addiction Treatment
- Heather Mikesell – Incorporating a Hereditary Cancer Risk Assessment into Practice
- The Maryland Addiction Consultation Services – Support for Providers
- Charlton Cooper - ATI Physical Therapy: The Patient Experience
- Steven Horel – Zypitamag: A new pitavastatin option for lipid management
- University of Maryland DNP Students - Peer Reviewed Scientific Poster Presentations
- CVS MinuteClinic – Diversity in the Workplace & A Day in the Life of a MinuteClinic NP
Each presentation is a stand-alone unit that allows attendees to participate at their own pace.
Student Registration $15.00
Once registered, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the webinar and a passcode.
Please check your spam and trash folder if you do not receive an email within 24 hours.
Questions or comments, contact us at TheMAAPC@gmail.com