Pearls of Practice 9 - Hot Topics for Clinicians: Diversity, Cultural Competence & Implicit Bias. Registration is now $55!
Pearls of Practice 9 - Hot Topics for Clinicians: Diversity, Cultural Competence & Implicit Bias Kickoff meeting on April 10th has been cancelled and, due to the lower cost in production, we are able to reduce registration to $55, $15 for students. We also believe the topics are relevant and important and we want to increase access to the information.
Maryland Licensed Clinicians please note: MAACP will apply for approval of Pearls of Practice 9 content in order to meet HB28/SB005’s requirement (applicants for the renewal of a license or certificate issued by a health occupations board must attest to completion of an approved implicit bias training program the first time they renew their license or certificate after April 1, 2022). And participants can answer “Yes” to the recently added CAQH question: Have you completed cultural competency training?
- Jana Goodwin. PhD, RN - Bias, Culture and The Social Determinants of Health: The Healthcare Challenge
- Wendy Zhang, RN, DNP candidate - Social determinants of health screening in the primary care setting
- Valerie Barnes, PharmD - Disparities in Medication Management: Methods to Foster Equality in Prescribing
- Andrew Miller, MS - Basics of LGBTQ+ Affirming Care
- Ginette Okoye, MD - Management of Acne in Skin of Color
- Charles Callahan, DO, FAAP - This is Baltimore: The impact of structural racism on population health
- Debra Holbrook FNE, FAAN - Human Trafficking: Clinical Presentation & Blue Dot Response Model
This activity is approved for 7.0 contact hours of continuing education (which includes 1.5 hours of pharmacology) by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. Activity ID 21034780. This activity was planned in accordance with AANP Accreditation Standards and Policies. Physicians and PAs can claim 7.0 Category 2 CME for this webinar.
Pearls for Practice aka Lightning Talks (non-CE)
- Briana Walton, MD – Complex Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Sean Stewart, MD – Treating Veins in Skin of Color
- The Maryland Addiction Consultation Services – Support for Providers
- Charlton Cooper - ATI Physical Therapy: The Patient Experience
- Steven Horel – Zypitamag: A new pitavastatin option for lipid management
- University of Maryland DNP Students - Peer Reviewed Scientific Poster Presentations