The Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) is pleased to invite FNPs, PNPs, and CNSs to apply for the new Pediatric Primary Care Mental Health Specialist (PMHS) certification exam
Dear NP Association Officer,
The Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) is pleased to invite FNPs, PNPs, and CNSs to apply for the new Pediatric Primary Care Mental Health Specialist (PMHS) certification exam to improve access to care for children and adolescents with behavioral and mental health concerns. For a press release about exam launch and purpose, Click Here. For details about eligibility, the exam content outline/test blueprint, references, and how to apply, visit www.pncb.org/bmh.html.
We hope you have an opportunity to share this information with chapter members and colleagues who:
- Provide improved early access to care for children, adolescents, and families with behavioral and mental health concerns.
- Are experienced in early identification and intervention for behavioral and mental health concerns typically seen in primary care.
- Assess, diagnose, and manage mental health and behavioral concerns. When needed, these providers also help patients and their families manage these concerns until specialized care is available. Ideal candidates also play a role in collaboration and coordination of care with other professionals in medical and educational settings.
Full eligibility criteria:
- Completion of an accredited graduate Master's, Post-Master's, or Doctoral advanced practice nursing program
- Current licensure and certification in one of the following Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) roles and population foci:
- Primary Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (CPNP or PNP-BC)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP-BC or FNP-C)
- Child / Adolescent Psychiatric & Mental Health CNS (PMHCNS-BC)
- Family Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP-BC)
As you may be aware, the PNCB was established by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) in 1975 to provide credentialing services to pediatric nurse practitioners. Over 95% of PNPs choose PNCB for their board certification, and more than 30,000 nursing professionals in both advanced and general practice hold our certifications. To learn more about our respected programs that validate nursing practice expertise, visitwww.pncb.org.
Thank you for sharing this information with your members, and have a safe and happy New Year!
Lori Anne Boocks
Director of Marketing & Communications
The Pediatric Nursing Certification Board
800 South Frederick Avenue, Suite 204 | Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877